North Jersey Partners • Meadowlink • TransOptions • Hudson TMA
We need your feedback! If you are currently employed or looking for work, we invite you to take a brief survey in English or Espanol on the opportunities and challenges you face in finding a job or getting to work.
North Jersey Partners is a regional partnership of eight counties – Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris, Passaic, Sussex, Union, and Warren – to ensure that the region’s individuals and industries remain competitive, inventive, and innovative. This local demonstration project will provide the background research necessary for North Jersey Partners to create a regional workforce development strategy integrated with a regional economic development plan.
This project proposes to:
- Understand the current and emerging employment trends across the seven-county region
- Deepen knowledge of skills gaps for current and emerging employment
- Offer solutions that address gaps in transportation between population centers and centers of employment
- Strengthen existing partnerships through coordinated, well-defined regional economic strategies
- Approaching opportunities and challenges collaboratively, from a regional perspective
- Enhanced coordination between workforce development and economic development
The project kicked off in late March. The Regional Workforce Symposium, a major milestone of the project held in early June, convened approximately 100 professionals in workforce development, planning, economic development, transportation, education and policy to explore regional workforce issues. The project team and steering committee are currently developing and refining draft recommendations.
Materials from the JUNE 10 REGIONAL WORKFORCE SYMPOSIUM are now available and can be accessed here.
Project completion is anticipated for summer 2014.
- Regional Plan Association
- 4ward Planning
- Social Policy Research Associates
- NJ Transit