Strategic Support for Re-granting Program Projects: Call for Applications
In coordination with the North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority, the Voorhees Transportation Center at Rutgers University will provide direct technical assistance to support the advancement of recommendations included in the final reports for the Local Demonstration Project (LDP) Program, the Local Government Capacity Grant Program (LGCG), and the NGO Micro Grant (NGO) program. Up to four projects (to be completed between three and six months) will be selected for direct technical assistance equivalent of up to $20,000 in the form of staff time from the Voorhees Transportation Center at Rutgers University and other subject-matter experts (if needed). The specific technical assistance package will be designed based on the specific needs of the selected applicants.
Eligibility: Eligible applicants include municipal, county governments or nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) that were the recipients of one of Together North Jersey’s re-granting programs during the planning phase of the project (between 2012 and 2015). A list of projects funded by these program can be found on the Together North Jersey website (Local Demonstration Program Projects, Local Government Capacity Grant Projects, NGO Micro-grant Projects). Special consideration will be given to collaborations between municipalities, counties, and non-governmental organizations.
How to Apply: Interested parties should submit a letter of interest to Together North Jersey, no more than 2-pages in length. The letter should include:
- The name of the project and original funding source through Together North Jersey (Local Demonstration Project, Local Government Capacity Grant Program, NGO Micro Grant Program)
- Current status of implementation of project recommendations and summary of progress that has been made since the closeout of the original Together North Jersey grant
- Description of the technical assistance needs and how this support will advance specific recommendations or outcomes from the original Together North Jersey project (LDP, LGCG, NGO) funded during the planning phase
- Anticipated benefit to the project/community
- Estimate duration of project (between three to six months)
- Committed project partners, with special emphasis on partnerships between local government and nonprofit or community-based organizations
Selection criteria: Project selection will be based on past performance, status of implementation, partner engagement, support from stakeholders and local partners, and feasibility of effort within time constraints.
Deadline: The deadline to submit is January 24, 2018. Project must be completed by June 30, 2018.
Questions: Please contact Miriam Salerno at 848-932-2876 or firstname.lastname@example.org