Jersey City Housing Authority • The City of Jersey City • Bergen Communities United
Final Report Now Available! Download report here (Large PDF).*
Report appendices available here (Large PDF)*.
*Notice: Due to their large size, it may take a minute for the file to open.
The project is located in McGinley Square, Montgomery Corridor, Jersey City, NJ. The project area is located along the Montgomery Street corridor with access to the NJ Turnpike within a mile of Journal Square. The study area encompasses the McGinley Square Montgomery Corridor (MSMC) CHOICE Neighborhood which received a $250,000 Choice neighborhood planning grant from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- To study the necessary transportation, pedestrian and bike access improvements needed to trigger private investment and serve as a catalyst for economic development in the MSMC CHOICE neighborhood area.
- Determine how these potential applications and combinations of access improvements can contribute to existing regional transportation system performance, including reducing travel times, improving reliability, improving safety and security, and increasing capacity.
- Create a transportation access improvements plan to strengthen the current MSMC CHOICE Neighborhood plan to better position it for implementation funding.
- Transportation Demand
- Mobility needs and service types
- Pedestrian access, disconnects/gaps and safety
- Developing a mobility improvement plan with transportation recommendations
Updated January 28, 2015
The final report has been published and can be found at the top of this page.
The McGinley Square project held an advisory Committee meeting in October and a presentation and workshop in early February.
- NJ Transit
- Looney Ricks Kiss
- 4Ward Planning
- Jersey City – Division of City Planning
- Jersey City – Division of Engineering
- Jersey City Economic Development Corp
- Hudson County Division of Planning
- Hudson County Improvement Authority
- Jackson Hill Main Street
- Michaels Development
- New City Kids
- North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority
- Port Authority
- St. Peter’s University
- The Beacon
- West Bergen / Lincoln Park neighborhood Coalition
- Women Rising
You can download the project description sheet here (PDF).