One Newark Center
Creative Placemaking Leadership Summit
featuring Jane Golden of the Philadelphia Mural Arts Program
Together North Jersey, in partnership with The New Jersey Consortium on Creative Placemaking, The Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation, ArtPride NJ, the New Jersey State Council on the Arts and the North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority, is planning a special event on the power of creative placemaking in New Jersey communities.
Creative placemaking is a new way to engage arts and culture to make communities better. At the Creative Placemaking Leadership Summit 2014, you can get new ideas and share your insights about how to transform communities through arts and culture.
This conference is for movers, shakers and doers in New Jersey’s communities — elected and appointed officials, developers, arts activists and administrators, economic development professionals, community-based leaders, and urban planners.
Presenting the lunchtime keynote at the workshop will be Jane Golden, Executive Director of the Philadelphia Mural Arts program, the largest mural program and a model for community engagement through the arts.
This program features
- A panel discussion that includes a developer, former mayor, statewide official, community organizer with successful experience connecting arts with community and economic development.
- a funders’ panel to share information on making your vision for creative placemaking a reality.
- OPTIONAL peer-learning workshops. You can learn how to better integrate arts and culture in your community’s plans; how artists and other creative professionals can play bigger roles in leading creative placemaking efforts; or how to better integrate arts, land use, transportation and economic development (Additional Registration Required)
- Plenty of time for networking!
AICP Certification Maintenance credits will be requested for this program.
Additional confirmed speakers include:
- David Garsia, developer, Art Factory
- James Kennedy, former mayor, City of Rahway
- Sheila McKoy, Director, Transit Arts Program, NJ Transit
- Mary K. Murphy, Executive Director, North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority
- Anthony Smith, Director of Communications and Community Affairs, Lincoln Park Coast Cultural District
- Leonardo Vazquez, Executive Director, New Jersey Consortium for Creative Placemaking
- Michael G. McGuinness, Chief Executive Officer, NAIOP New Jersey
- Michael V. Kerwin, President & CEO, Somerset Business Partnership
- Joe Barris, PP/AICP, Assistant Director, Monmouth County Division of Planning and Board Member, Center for Creative Placemaking
- Lyz Crane, Deputy Director, ArtPlace America
- Nick Paleologos, Executive Director, NJ State Council on the Arts
- Chris Dagget, President & CEO, Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation
Date: June 19, 2014 (8:30 am to 3pm)
Location: Seton Hall School of Law at One Newark Center, Newark NJ.
For more information on this event contact Miriam Salerno, Senior Public Relations and Outreach Specialist for Together North Jersey (firstname.lastname@example.org or 848-932-2876)
For more information and to register CLICK HERE